This Week's Freebie:

Search...

Monday, December 24, 2012

Q&A: M.COHMS

     At this time, I'd like to feature Hip-Hop/Drumstep artist, M.COHMS, coming out of British Columbia, Canada.

Keep up with his very promising movement and read all about it!




(Hosted by Patrick Rangel, So Fresh Int; Answered by Dylan McCombs, M.COHMS)

***For future reference, EDM stands for, "Electronic Dance Music."***







Q: How did you first get into music? 

A:     Well I just really love music so I decided I wanted to make it with my own style and flavor added to it.


Q: Name some of your biggest influences? Musically or otherwise?

A:     2Pac is definitely my biggest musical influence, been listening to him since I can remember.  Hopsin is a new influence of mine, I feel he's doing a really good job in the Hip-Hop game and speaks his mind no matter what.  My EDM*** influence comes from Datsik, Excision(fellow canadians), Noisia, Dillon Francis, Camo & Krooked, Knife Party, Kill the Noise, Skrillex and there's too many to name all of them.  Also, my dad managed RnB singer Montell Jordan for a few years so I know music is in my blood.


Q: What's your favorite part of being involved in music?

A:     My favorite part is making a good track and have people that listen to it really feel it, and have a good time with it.


Q:What can fans expect in the horizon for M.COHMS?

A:     Well I'm still trying to get all my equipment so I can do full damage on my tracks, but I'm expecting to have it all by the end of 2013.  Until then, I am going to release previews and clips of what I'm working on.  By late 2013-early 2014, my first official EP (Cohms Law: Back 2 BassKix) will be released.     

           
       
Q: How is the music scene like in British Columbia?

A:     It's awesome, I've really noticed how popular EDM is in all of Canada.  I also feel like Canada has a lot of potential for really good producers and other artists.


Q: We've talked before and you mentioned you wanted to better your career in music through school.  What are you plans with that?

A:     Well I am going to attend a graphic design diploma course at a college here in Nelson, BC.  After that, I am going to take an audio engineering course in Kelowna.  I am hoping to start my own independent EDM/Hip Hop record label after I complete school with the help of some other underground artists.


Q: What makes M.COHMS so different/unique compared to an electronic artist such as  Bassnectar?

A:     What makes me unique is my wierd style. I really like mixing a Hip-Hop feel with every track I make even if it's EDM. 


Q: How do you go about making tracks/beats?

A:     I usually just start with one noise and see what kind of melodies I can make, and then I go from there.  Doesn't always work like that though. 


Q: For those us who don't know,  please explain what Drumstep is.

A:     I feel drumstep is a cross between Dubstep and Drum and Bass.  The drum patterns are similar to Dubstep but I usually use a tempo between 150(bpm) and 170 instead of 140.  Also when making a drumstep track, I use less hats and filler instruments than I would use for Drum and Bass.


Q: Lastly is there anything you'd like to add?

A:     Keep an Eye and an Ear out for M.COHMS.






-Patrick

1 comment: